The Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges in Karnataka has released COMEDK UGET mock test at its official website. If you are applying for the first time or are simply confused about the pattern and system of the online exam, these mock tests will be a saviour for you. You can appear for the mock tests on the official website of COMEDK. The Consortium has released 3 mock tests.
What is COMEDK UGET?
It is a state-level entrance exam organised by the Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges in Karnataka. If studying engineering or architecture degrees in Karnataka is your dream, this is the exam that you need to clear. This will open your door to more than 120 reputed colleges in the state. In these colleges, it is your score in COMEDK UGET that will determine your chance of admission — combining B.Tech. and B. Arch., there are over 20,000 seats to be filled through this exam. More than 70,000 students appear for the exam every year. So yes, it is pretty competitive. And this is where the mock tests can play a significant role in increasing your chances.
How Will COMEDK UGET Mock Test Help You?
If you are planning to take the final test, this will act as a stepping stone for you. COMEDK releases mock tests every year to benefit students. These mock tests follow the pattern of the final exam word by word, and the marking scheme is also the same. Appearing for these mock tests will increase your familiarity with the question pattern. If you want to figure out your weaknesses and work on them, this is a great way to do so.
To get a real feel of online tests and actual feedback of performance, this is a great way to prepare yourself. It will help you allay your fears and chances of stage fright, or performance pressure will be lessened. You can work on your speed and focus on your weak points based on your performance in mock tests. Most importantly, you get to learn time management. The purpose of these tests is to ensure that you do not repeat the same mistakes in the final exam.
Let us have a look at the details and specifics of COMEDK UGET mock tests.
The mock test will be precisely in the same pattern as the final exam, with one exception- there will be no marking or grading in the mock test. The test will be of 3 hours duration, just like the actual exam. There will be three sections of the question paper related to 3 different subjects- Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Each section will comprise of 20 questions, making the total number of questions 60. All questions will be objective, that is, MCQs or Multiple Choice Questions.
How to Appear for COMEDK UGET Mock Tests?
- Go to the Consortium’s official website.
- You do not need login credentials to appear for the mock tests. Since this is a mock test, dummy details, that is, a substitute registration number and password, for you, have already been created.
- Click on the ‘COMEDK mock test’ link.
- There will be several mock tests for you. Click on the one you wish to appear for.
- Click on the ‘Sign In‘ button.
- Carefully read the instructions. You must do so. These are guidelines for you to follow in the mock test as well as the final test.
- Accept the declaration by clicking on the checkmark. Have a look at the terms and conditions before you begin.
- In the same page, you will find the ‘Start Exam’ button. Now you are all ready to attempt the mock test. Get, set, go!
- Questions will start appearing on your screen. All of them will be MCQ questions. You will be given four options out of which you will have to choose one. As you will see, the test comprises of 3 sections based on three subjects- Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Appear for all the sections.
- If you do not know the answer to a question right away, you have the option to skip it. You can freely navigate through the question paper.
- Keep a check on the timer provided for your benefit. That will help you know how much time you have left and aid in your time management skills.
- After you are done with the mock test, you can fill up a form and register your feedback.
Now let us run you through some special features of the mock tests.
COMEDK has added some interesting and helpful features to make the experience of mock test student-friendly in nature.
- Look at the top right-hand corner of your screen. A calculator has been provided for the benefit of test-takers.
- One of the main purposes of the mock test is to teach you the much-needed skill of time management. A timer has been provided for the purpose. Look at the space just below the calculator, and you can find it.
- On the right-hand side of your screen, you will find a question palette. This will help you know the status of each question.
How to interpret the question palette? This is what each colour signifies.
- Magenta- the question has been answered and marked for review.
- Green- the question has been answered.
- Red- the question is unanswered.
- Grey- the question is marked for review.
In addition, to record your response and move on to the next question, click on the ‘Save and Next’ button. If you want to save your response, but mark it for review, click on ‘Mark for Review and Next’ button. To delete your selected answer and choose a new one, click on ‘Clear Response’ button and click on your new answer.